Silesian University of Technology
Software Defined Networks
SDN laboratory of Silesian University of Technology is equipped with four types of devices:
- 3x Pica8 SDN/OpenFlow switches;
- 3x QuantaMesh BMS SDN switches of bare metal type enabling the installation of open source operating system;
- 1x multi-processor server on which SDN/Open Flow controllers can be installed or e.g. open software for SDN switches, e.g. Open vSwitch;
- 1x SPIRENT traffic generator/analyser which enables to emulate all possible available protocols, especially both SDN/OpenFlow switches and SDN/OpenFlow controllers.
SDN switches are equipped with 48 10 Gb/s interfaces each, while the generator/analyser is equipped with 12 10 Gb/s interfaces. All interfaces of the SDN laboratory devices are connected to access devices of the PL-LAB2020 operational network. Such device composition as well as the connection of all ports to operational network nodes enables flexible configuration both for the single as well as multi-domain SDN network topology. Moreover, the application of bare metal type devices and servers makes it possible to test open systems and develop new solutions within the SDN network. The laboratory may be extended with servers from the network virtualization laboratory, thus increasing its research potential.
The SUT’s laboratory is equipped with
- 1x multi-processor HP ProLiant Gen9 servers with DPDK support;
- 1x highly specialized SPIRENT traffic generator/analyser,
The laboratory may be easily extended with additional servers from server resources of other laboratories, e.g. SDN Lab.
Internet of Things Lab
The IoT laboratory at Silesian University of Technology is equipped with:
- Server for data aggregation and data analysis: 1x HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 8SFF CTO, equipped with Intel Xeon E5-2650v3 CPU, 16GB RAM, 1.2TB HDD, 2xGbE BaseT Adapter for IBM System x
- Programmable wireless routers: 2x Linksys WRT 1900AC, supporting IEEE 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac standards, radio frequency bands: 2.4 & 5GHz; equipped with Internet, Ethernet (1-4), USB 3.0, USB 2.0 / eSATA combo ports, providing support of OpenWRT system
- 15x Raspberry Pi2 B+ with WLAN,
- 15x Arduino Mega 2560 Rev3 with XBee 802.15.4 1mW Series 1 Wire Antenna; PoE module, WLAN and Ethernet
- 15x development kit for Arduino with set of sensors
- 5x development kit for Raspberry with set of sensors
- 1x Adafruit platform with Attiny 85 3,3V microcontroller, 1x Adafruit wearable platform with set of sensors
- 1x NFC controller, 1x RFID controller, set of tags
- Additional communication modules for Raspberry and Arduino: XBee, GSM/GPRS/SMS/DTMF Modules