Information Centric Networks Lab
Information Centric Networks (ICN) laboratory provides research infrastructure specialized to carry out a wide range of experiments related to multimedia processing, new content-oriented network architectures, mechanisms and algorithms designed for content search, resolution and delivery. The ICN laboratory includes the following types of equipment: 1) content servers designated for content storage and video streaming, 2) programmable network nodes (network processor and programmable switches) used for prototyping name-based routing and forwarding, 3) high-performance graphics cards for real-time transcoding of high-definition video streams, 4) content caches and massive storage, 5) professional traffic generator/analysers able to evaluate the performance of content distribution systems, for example: live video systems (IPTV), pre-recorded (VoD), adaptive streaming systems and finally 6) 3D, 4K multimedia terminals. The ICN laboratory covers two sides located at Warsaw University of Technology and Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center.
Warsaw University of Technology
The equipment of ICN lab covers:
- Multi-processor servers: 6 x HP ProLiant DL 380 gen 9, equipped with 2x Intel Xenon E5-2650v3 CPU, 128 GB RAM, 1.2TB HDD, 2x 200GB SSD, 8x1GbE and 4x10GbE ports on NIC supporting DPDK
- Disk array HP MSA 2040 SAN, 12x 1.2TB HDD, RAID controller and 4x10GbE ports
- Programmable network processors: EzChip Appliance 2xNP-3 and 2xNP-4, equipped with 24xGbE and 4x10GbE ports
- Bare metal switches, 2x QuantaMesh BMS 3048-LY8, equipped with 48x10GE and 4x 40GbE ports
- High performance GPU cards: 2xNVIDIA 5200 (2300 CUDA) and 2xM6000 (3070 CUDA) with HEVS support
- Tester Spirent Avalanche Virtual with 8x10GbE ports and licenses for testing 4-7 level protocols, including wideo distribution systems, adaptive video streaming, etc.
- Multimedia terminals: 12x All-in-one 23’’ Lenovo terminals, 1x 55’’ LG 55UF850V (3D, 4K), multimedia 3D projectors Epson EH-TW6100 and EH-TW5100
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
ICN Laboratory provides:
- 4x servers HP ProLiant DL 380 gen 9 with 2x Xeon E5-2650v3 CPU, 128GB RAM, GPU NVidia K5200, 1,2TB HDD + 200GB SSD and data plane 4x 10GE links attached to access network nodes